LaRosa Commercial Development, a midsize construction company in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a skilled controller with 4+ years experience in Accounting, Management, and Construction.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Coordinate the end of month closing process to ensure all corporate deadlines are met and information is presented in accordance with GAAP
* Prepare monthly financial reports, reconcile complex fixed asset accounts; generate job cost reports and provide information to management regarding job status
* Maintain general ledger
* Prepare quarterly and / or annual schedules and payments
* Responsible for all aspects of accounting including A/P; A/R, Cost Plus, Time and Materials, Percentage Complete billings; WIP; P/R; G/L; cash management; monthly financial statements ; annual reviews and audits
* Office management; oversee administrative staff to ensure steady work flow; maintain HR files.
* Work closely with outside insurance agent on annual renewal of all insurances; perform annual audits; maintain W/C files
* Maintain OSHA Log requirements and Affirmative action paperwork
* A bachelor degree in accounting or similar field a must
* Advanced user of financial, statistical, spreadsheet, and word processing programs
* Strong knowledge of Timberline Accounting Software
* Detail-oriented, efficient and organized professional with extensive experience in accounting systems
* Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly trustworthy, discreet and ethical
* Resourceful in the completion of projects, effective at multi-tasking
* Full understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principals
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.