Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Reputable and established commercial real estate company is seeking to hire an IT Specialist with Smart Home technology experience immediately.
Candidate will be the liaison with the Company’s IT department and CSuite needs. This person will work closely with 3rd party vendors and needs to have strong cutting-edge IT skills. This position will be responsible for the test and integration of the latest handheld computing devices, as well as standard company desktop configuration, laptop, tablets, and smart phones (iPhones/iPads). This includes purchasing system components, building and programming, testing and debugging systems, packaging, delivery and final assembly of systems. This position requires hands on skills in a 24/7 environment. Candidates must be willing and able to work outside of normal business hours and travel in/out of state to various homes and business locations. MUST BE TRUSTWORTHY!
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering disciplines preferred
• Relevant industry certifications preferred
• Deep understanding of consumer electronics and a passion for getting the very most out of every device
• Familiarity with the detailed specifications of the latest cutting edge devices and the differences between competing models
• Ability to research, benchmark, and tweak the latest generation hardware and software
• Ability to problem solve and devise creative solutions to unique problems; resourceful during time sensitive situations
• Calm under pressure
• Customer-service oriented
• Strong work ethic with the ability to learn quickly
• Ability to multi-task with ease and prioritize at a moment’s notice
• Familiarity with etiquette, settings and protocols required for working in high-end home and CSuite environment.
• Knowledgeable in “Smart Home” technology, including Crestron, AMX, Vantage, Lutron, Networking and home theatre systems is highly preferred.
• Must possess and maintain a valid California Drivers License, and be able to provide proof of insurability.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Home office network maintenance and backup systems, data backups, equipment maintenance and wireless system; responsible for implementing computer networks, including total wireless coverage, routing, switching and data storage.
• Troubleshoot any IP based equipment relevant to a large scale whole-house audio/visual system. (i.e. Cisco, Linksys, Netgear, Crestron, Dedicated Micros, Secure Computing NTI, Wire-less computing and computer system upgrade rollout).
• Helping to ensure 99.999% reliability for Internet access and desktop email clients
• Monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of the home office network, systems, and computing devices
• Installation, setup and configuration of new computers, laptops, smart phones, tablets, etc..
• End user support of approximately 3-4 staff members and 5 Executives and their home networks including family members
• Coordinating with vendors, determining requirements for projects, generating statement-of-work documents, seeing project through to completion and verifying requirements were met
• Management, organization, and backup of media assets- photos and videos of philanthropic and family events
• General research projects- looking up and documenting information on new products, software, or technologies. Generating detailed comparisons to competing or older generation models
• Staying up to date and knowledgeable on new and upcoming device specifications and features
• Test new device functionality, document and report findings
• Event coordination and planning- working with vendors to ensure events run smoothly from a technical aspect- power, lighting, sound/PA, visuals, etc…
• Ensure proper functionality of AV systems- source components, receivers, displays- troubleshoot and fix issues
• Manage inventory of electronics and accessories on-hand
• Microsoft Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
• Office 2010 (especially Outlook), Anti-Virus, Adobe PDF
• iTunes- AirTunes streaming, Home Sharing
• Maintenance, troubleshooting, repair
Email your resume TODAY for immediate consideration.