Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
To help provide live coverage of breaking news, PETA events, animal rights-related events, or animal abuse events, including setting up live video and other live, in-person social media efforts.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
• You will coordinate live coverage of breaking news announcements and help ensure coverage of PETA press conferences on social platforms like Facebook Live, Snapchat, and Twitter.
• You will advise the social team on how best to use live-streaming to get the media’s attention.
• You will work closely with PETA's Communications team to jump on opportunities to get media attention on our live coverage.
• You will develop and maintain relationships with social media teams at various media outlets and seek out opportunities to share our content with them.
• You’ll be at PETA events helping run the show by taking photos, snapping interviews, or posting to our social media accounts, making sure our live coverage is packaged well for media attention!
• Part of your day will be spent brainstorming with others on the social-media team to help find new ways to reach people on social media.
• Of course, you'll also perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• To start things off, you'll need hands-on experience working in news and media with solid knowledge of social media.
• A large portion of this job will be advising on how best to present news in the live format. If you aren't news-savvy or it doesn’t interest you, this isn't the position for you.
• If you know about PETA, you know that we always have A LOT going on at once! You must have the proven ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
• On social media, you have about three seconds (and 140 characters) to grab someone's attention, so every detail counts, even the punctuation! We need someone who has a special way of knowing what’s the most compelling aspect of story, and knows how to put it first.
• Photography and video experience is a plus. The better the quality of your photos and videos, the more ways we’re able to use them!
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail will help you keep everything on track, so résumés with grammar or other errors will be rejected. Sorry, but we can't risk it.
• Sometimes you're going to be working quickly, generally without supervision. Other times, you will have every word in a script scrutinized by a handful of people. We need a self-starter with the proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• This position is responsible for getting our message out to particularly influential media outlets, so you must know PETA campaigns and animal rights issues inside and out.
• You must support PETA's philosophy and have the ability to professionally advocate our positions on issues.
• Naturally, you'd need to be committed to the objectives of the organization, and living a vegan lifestyle would be a part of this. How else would you know who really makes the best vegan cheese?