We want someone with experience in packaged goods
Bilingual Japanese helpful but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are considered essential to the job. Qualified individuals must have the ability – with or without reasonable accommodation – to perform the following duties but not limited to:
• Drives the product strategy for the branded product segment within the company.
• Develops and activates marketing plans that encompass all aspects of the Sales and Marketing mix to include competitive review, positioning, consumer targeting, and a complete customer contract strategy.
• Manages the short term (annual) business plan and long term (3 – 5 years) strategic plan for the business.
• Develops sales promotion programs and incentives that create awareness, excitement and overall interest in the company’s products that entice and make it exciting for the customers (retailers, distributors, etc.) to participate.
• Works with Marketing leaders in supporting organizational strategies and objectives to drive growth of the assigned category.
• Drives continuous enhancement of product quality that strengthens the brand’s equity and extends the gap vs. key competitors.
• Builds a strong collaborative partnership with cross functional team members to include sales, manufacturing operations, purchasing, distribution, financial operations and outside agency partners, suppliers and brokers.
• Manages Profit and Loss responsibility for assigned products and category.
• Create a positive and continuous improvement approach to the business based upon personal learning and stretching those results in lifting the skills of the entire marketing team.
• Utilizes a positive team-oriented attitude that contributes to the overall culture of the marketing team and perception of the marketing team within the organization.
• Perform evaluations of key marketing programs – determine how to best allocate and invest company resources to build the Brand as a result of that evaluation.
• Becomes the internal champion for ideas that move business, communicating successfully and gaining the support of the Company executives.
• Leverage data attained from insights to develop marketing communications and execute marketing promotions.
• Develops marketing communication for internal use, including new product development and deployment.
• Maintain SKU rationalization to determine the merits of adding, retaining, or deleting the products from the shelves at the store in order for capturing as much revenue and profits as possible before discontinuing the product.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing or Business or related fields and at least 6 years of related CPG Business experience preferably within a food manufacturer; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training. An MBA graduate is preferable. The experience preferable in a food manufacturing facility.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpretdocuments such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write and speak effectively in groups and is capable to write routine reports and correspondence.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to figure units that are used in plant such as gallons, liters, inches, meters, kilograms and pounds, and others.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access)
Reasoning Ability: Must have the ability to apply common sense to understanding and carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Must have the ability to resolve and deal with simple problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations within the production processing operation. Must have basic comprehension of reports that she or he needs to fill out.
Send resumes to John at j n i e l s e n 1 @ e a r t h l i n k . n e t (all lowercase and no spaces in between characters).
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.