Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
To perform general maintenance, cleaning, and skilled repair on PETA and PETA Foundation properties
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Perform custodial and maintenance tasks (e.g., trash disposal, replace light bulbs, light painting, cleaning of interior and exterior of building/property)
• Clean company vehicles and follow a preventive-maintenance program for the vehicles
• Assist with moving furniture and equipment
• Assist in maintaining building supply inventory
• Drive frequently and assist with deliveries and errands in the Los Angeles area
• May require various shift assignments and weekend work
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Previous experience in facilities maintenance
• Ability to take direction and complete duties with limited supervision
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends on occasion
• Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
• Requires the ability to work indoors and outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather
• Physical demands including climbing stairs and ladders, lifting/carrying/moving heavy items, painting, and the ability to use various hand tools.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization