Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Looking for exciting Restaurant or Chef Jobs in the Los Angeles area? Gecko Hospitality is currently working with a company in the Los Angeles area seeking a Lead Chef.
The Lead Chef will be responsible for planning and supervising this Office’s in-house corporate food service program. In addition to catering for outside events, this will involve preparation of breakfast and lunch meals for employees. The Lead Chef will work with their Managers to plan and create recipes and menu items to be served to employees. We’re looking for someone who has a strong background of maintaining high attention to detail and quality of the food being served. The Lead Chef will make sure the kitchen is well organized and is on top of all sanitation and safety regulations.
• Manage and maintain daily menus, special events menus, and catering menus
• Overseeing the inventory of the kitchen and ensuring food cost goals are being hit
• Supervising the cooking activities of Subordinate Chefs and Cooks and assisting with food preparation, cooking, garnishing and plate presentation
• Ensure kitchen staff follows food recipes and portion servings
• Manage inventory levels of food supplies, determine amounts of required supplies, and supervise storage and use of leftover uncooked products
• Oversee the proper rotation of food to ensure quality and freshness
• Collaborate with Dining manager to oversee food inventory levels, invoices and cost to budgetary requirements
• Conduct on-going inspection of kitchen equipment and oversee proper use of major kitchen equipment to and ensure employees follow industry safety and sanitation requirements
• Negotiate cost of supplies, equipment purchases, repairs and maintenance with vendors
• Interview, hire, train, conduct performance evaluations, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate
• Minimum of 5 years of current experience as a chef
• Hands-on chef experience required to manage high volume, corporate menu and food service operations
• Rigorous attention to detail and excellent planning and time management skills required
• Strong leadership skills, comfortable interacting with employees, managers or guests
• Work independent with little supervision, able to multi-task in a high pressure environment
• Able to delegate, supervise, motivate and discipline team members
• Awareness of local, State and federal health and sanitation laws
• California Food Handler Certification required
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, presentation, and cost control
• Extensive catering experience a plus