As a key member of our company's Quality Department the responsibilities of this position are:
• Manages the Final Inspection (Hand and Die Forge), Layout / Metrology, and NDT operations in support of company objectives.
• Assure the optimum workflow of product through Final Inspection, Metrology and NDT operations.
• Assure procedures are followed and tasks are performed in compliance to customer requirements and specifications.
• Assist in and participate with customer audits, internal audits, and special audits such as NADCAP, NDT, etc.
• Prepare data for semi-annual Management Review Meetings.
• Train, coach, and develop individuals within responsible departments to assure our company's current and future needs are met.
• Oversee department equipment, maintenance requirements, and calibration schedules.
• Develop, document, and improve department policies, procedures, and work instructions.
• Provide guidance and support for all internal and external customers on all matters relating to Inspection.
• Interface and support NDT Engineer / Level III Specialist as required.
• Interface and support Production Control for optimized scheduling management.
• Oversee the use of outside processes to assure company objectives are being met.
• Participate in the selection and approval of vendors for Metrology and Finishing Operations.
• Research new technology for improved productivity and accuracy of Inspection processes and advise management on capital expenditure needs.
• Develop improvements in methods and processes to reduce rework, scrap, and cost in support of Top Level Goals.
• Carry out other activities as deemed necessary by the Quality Assurance Manager or VP of Quality and Metallurgy.
• Communicates effectively to management and staff. Is open to ideas and suggestions provided by others, and engages fellow employees in a respectful and professional manner.
• Works independently and meets commitments and established deadlines for assigned responsibilities, work schedule, appointments, and meetings.
• Accepts and performs a variety of work assignments, takes on new responsibilities, and adjusts plans under changing circumstances.
• Makes appropriate decisions based on analysis, sound judgment, and available information.
• Promotes a team atmosphere and builds harmonious working relationships both within and outside the department.
• Provides timely response to department needs, staff and management issues, as well as request for input from other departments.
• Keeps work area safe and clean, is supportive of safety programs, wears appropriate personal protective equipment, and complies with our company's Safety Policy.
• Effectively supervises staff to optimize department resources. Plans assignments and delegates responsibility appropriately.
• Develops staff to assure they are knowledgeable and highly skilled in responding to the needs of customers and coworkers.
• Seeks out knowledge to improve professional abilities and effectiveness.
• Knowledgeable and aware of Quality System requirements, including policies, procedures, work instructions, and our company's Quality Policy.
• Work with other managers and supervisors to achieve common company goals and objectives.
• Participate in internal audits, events, Lean improvements, Six Sigma, and 5S projects when required.
• Assist in communicating and resolving internal and external customer related issues
• Perform cause and corrective action investigation and resolution in response to internal and external audits.
Send resumes to John at j n i e l s e n 1 @ e a r t h l i n k . n e t (all lowercase and no spaces in between characters).
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.