1. BA/BS, able to pass a Math and English Exam, have good writing and critical thinking skills.
2. Have access to a computer and be proficient at scanning, uploading documents into a proprietary system (training), faxing, emailing, and using on-line databases. Have a cell phone and a car. Must be prompt and detail oriented.
3. Must be able to commit to tutoring at least a full program year, 15 hours a week (if that many hours are available in your area), able to pass a background check and take a TB Test.
4. Be a self-starter, hard worker, able to multi-task, motivator, role model for youngsters, provide excellent customer service, problem solve and be professional at all times. Be willing to tutor in-center, in-homes or in-libraries. Must be committed to working in poverty challenged neighborhoods that service our student population and follow all safety procedures at all times.
5. You must be honest, loyal, patient, responsible, energetic, motivational, dedicated, and be passionate about helping all children excel. Be able to handle small groups of students and get everyone involved.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.