Project Manager / Field Technician Manager - South Bay - Great Salary (Redondo Beach)
Posted by: | View all ads Profile: Registered user, Active since 02/2012
Address: Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Date Posted: 11/16/13 Job Type: Full-time Description:
DESCRIPTION: Project Manager
Manage, package, manifest and profile wastes from various customer’s sites in Southern California.
1. Segregation of chemicals by hazard class, packing compatible material in appropriate containers, preparation for transportation and completion of the necessary paperwork per job.
2. Determines and loads supplies needed for job completion and travels to various industry, laboratory and school sites to perform lab pack services.
3. Responsible for the safe and compliant execution of lab pack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off-spec.’s of commercial products.
4. Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements
5. Prepares Manifests
6. Directs Field Technicians/Drivers and assists with waste collection.
7. Conducts site safety meetings.
8. Plans and conducts site training for new hires as well as ongoing training for all field personnel.
9. Position will be a mix of office and on site depending on the business need.
10. Team and customer interaction.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
1. 4 year college degree (chemistry major preferred) or equivalent experience.
1. Prior lab packing and/or environmental waste experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be knowledgeable and have a working understanding of federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the Environmental Services Industry.
2. Must be knowledgeable of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protections Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR).
3. Must have interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
REQUIRED LICENSE(S) ENDORSEMENT(S):
1. 40 Hour OSHA Training
2. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
3. Commercial drivers license Class “B/C” with hazardous materials endorsement strongly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary or salary needs for immediate follow up and interview.
Ad ID: 27943551