Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
PETA’s humane-education division, TeachKind, is here to help schools and educators with promoting kindness and compassion for animals through free lesson plans, classroom presentations, materials, advice, online resources, and more. Teaching kids to have empathy for all beings is a big step toward building a better, more compassionate world – and we’re looking for an intern to get in on this. Do you have a passion for education, specifically humane education? We want to hear from YOU!
Life as a TeachKind Advanced Intern:
• You’ll see firsthand how PETA reaches out to schools with all sorts of requests, and we’ll get you started with the very basics. You’ll learn the ropes of how we research school information and build relationships, and you'll be writing lots of letters to schools encouraging them to choose kindness!
• We’ll get you involved in correspondence between teachers and you’ll help with getting them the materials they need to teach humane education
• TeachKind is on Facebook and Pinterest, so we’ll teach you how we manage the accounts and then we’ll see what you can come up with
• We work on loads of neat initiatives like the Veggie Burger Project and you’ll have your hands all over this project (napkin optional)
• Have a passion for writing? We’ll challenge you to see what kind of online features you can write and see the e-mail marketing side of TeachKind
• Like any position, there’s likely to be a lot more so expect your supervisor to assign more projects that’ll teach you even more
How to Land This Role:
• The strongest candidate will be one who has demonstrated knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns. You should support PETA’s philosophy, be able to advocate PETA’s positions on issues professionally, and be committed to the objectives of the organization.
• Having a degree in a related field, or pursuing a degree, will be helpful – but if you lack this experience, be sure to “wow” us in your application. Show us you’d be a good fit.
• Have experience in a classroom? Great! Tell us about it.
• Working in a fast-paced environment isn’t for everybody, and the pressure will be heavy most of the time, so candidates must have great time-management skills.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) will be helpful.
• Most of all, you must have the drive to help animals and support a team working for their liberation around the world.