Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Requisition Number 11-0366
Title Property Accountant
City West Hollywood
We have an immediate need for Property Accountant(s) based at our West Coast Office in West Hollywood, CA.
Strategic Growth Properties has been in the shopping center business for more than 30 years blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country's top shopping centers. As employees we are collaborative, creative, self starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer everyday. A career with SGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey into the retail real estate industry!
The Property Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely recording/reporting of property level financial statement in accordance with GAAP and SGP Policies.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Prepare balance sheet and income statement for assigned portfolio of properties
* Analyze, document and record transactions in SGP's JD Edwards general ledger
* Prepare and maintain supporting workpapers as specified
* Provide detailed explanation of all balance sheet and income statement variances
* Calculate tenantCAMcharges in accordance with lease terms
* Work with internal and external business partners (e.g. Asset Management, SGP's financial reporting team, external and external auditors)
* Document and record ownership-level transactions/adjustments impacting assigned portfolio of properties based relevant legal documents (e.g. debt agreements, purchase and sales contracts ad joint venture agreements)
* Keep abreast of SGP's external accounting/reporting (e.g. reading the company's Financials and Supplementals to gain understanding of how transactions were disclosed)
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include the following:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting /Business; CPA/candidate strongly preferred
Demonstrated experience preparing workpapers supporting accrual-based general ledger information and documentation in response to audit inquiries
Deadline-focused; organized; problem-solving skills
Strong written/oral communication skills.
Intermediate level Excel skills.
Experience with ERP general ledger (e.g. JD Edwards) preferred
Experience within public/industry accounting preferred.
Experience with aspects of real estate accounting (e.g., reviewing lease info).
We appreciate your interest and will review your resume promptly. Submit your resume in Word format with salary information included. Thanks.