Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
• Analyze and interpret gross margins, material variances, volume variances, inventory movements, and other cost accounting reports, metrics and analysis
• Participate in the budgeting, planning, forecasting of manufacturing variances, inventory and department expenses
• Monitor cycle count program and support Engineering Change Order approval process.
• Review and present cost analysis on a monthly basis to finance and manufacturing teams
• Establish, review and update material and overhead rates
• Lead semi-annual Global Cost Roll preparation and implementation
• Prepare & review management reporting packages and processes for all locations
• Support quarterly and annual audits by the external auditors, including review and explanations of activity as required
• Participate in the maintenance of the internal financial control environment ensuring accurate financial statements and safeguarding company assets
• Support / drive ad-hoc process improvement initiatives: new product releases, inventory controls, BOMs and routings, key performance metrics & automation
Education and Experience:
• Successful track record of effectively interfacing with manufacturing and management and bringing them value-added ideas and information to improve profitability
• In depth experience in analyzing causes of variances and can recommend corrective actions
• BS in Accounting or Finance required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a cost accounting role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Attention to details, strong analytical background as it pertains to understanding and explaining manufacturing variances
• Proven ability to solve complex problems
• Advance Microsoft Excel skills required, knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred.
• hands-on experience with an ERP system; JDEdwards is preferred; exposure of Agile is a plus