Sales Planning provides domestic US sales forecasting and budgeting, analytical insights and business strategies to both internal departments and external sales personnel related to the sales of film product spanning all channels of business within Home Entertainment. Our department also is instrumental in providing strategic analyses related to product placement in store, cost/benefit decisions for partnering with new accounts and other business related needs. Sales Planning works closely with senior management and most functional departments including sales, marketing, finance, operations, demand planning and retail operations (Vendor Managed Inventory, Allocations and Merchandising).
Sales Planning Analyst Core Responsibilities:
Business Plan Management: Provide channel and account level revenue and gross profit budgeting and forecasting. Compose promotional plan and forecasting with post-performance assessment against sales baselines to evaluate promotional effectiveness and profitability. Other responsibilities include Essbase reporting and trend analyses.
Sales Support: Work collaboratively with internal and field sales personnel by providing strategic discussions focused on promotional concepts, price elasticity, title moratorium and other product related ad-hoc requests. Includes recurring participation in meetings and discussions to help drive the business.
Promotion Management: Partner with the sales force in providing Dashboard management of promotional forecasting, title selection, pro-forma profitability, drafting opportunities and other pre and post-promotion analytical insights and recommendations
Account Management and Performance Evaluation: Perform account level analytics to include long range planning, recurring business reviews, analysis of space deals, seasonality trends with a comparison to the industry and other deep-dive analyses and reporting.
Assortment Planning and P&L: Conduct account level planogram management based upon customer demographics, trends and store location to help drive store level sales volumes and profitability. Other responsibilities include fixture and product analyses and optimizations. Profit and loss (P&L) reporting is analyzed to assess channel and account profitability against forecast and budget. Recommendations based upon analyses are provided to the sales force and upper management.
Title Management: Provide insights and recommendations of product placement, sku management, pricing and repricing strategies and goal forecasting. Also provides drafting opportunities coupled with new release street dates both theatrically and in retail store locations.
Candidate should have knowledge of and skills in:
* Retail landscape, Entertainment and/or Consumer Packaged Goods industry, market factors and strategies
* Strong capability with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
* Analytical data systems which are used to pull and analyze sales data including, but not limited to in-house and retailer specific data warehouses
* Analyzing and summarizing large amounts of data into an effective summary to facilitate decision making and strategic planning
* P&L management
* Adaptability, flexibility and learning new systems / databases
* Communicating effectively and strong interpersonal skills with all levels of management and with external customers (both written and verbal)
* Communicate ideas in a clear and concise manner
* Coordinating with internal departments as well as the ability to work independently
* Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or MBA in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar degree from an accredited university
* 5+ years working experience within the entertainment/consumer packaged goods industry collaborating with both internal and external sales and management teams
* Prior work experience within a fast paced sales environment
* Experience working with buying teams from major retailers
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.