Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
The position will be responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial reporting, compliance and operational controls for various real estate fund investments offered to its clients. The position will require interaction with our service providers, auditors and tax preparers to ensure that the financial reporting is completed accurately and timely. The position will also require daily interaction with the Investor Relations and investor base. Additionally, this... More
Additionally, this position will be involved in the execution of front office initiatives such as fund launches, restructuring and corporate actions.
Must Have: direct experience performing fund accounting, capital events processing and working through audits for alternatives funds focused on Real Estate investments.
* Responsible for all aspects of Audit, Accounting and financial reporting for structured investments. Review of Trial Balances, Working Papers, Sub-ledgers and reconciliation reports.
* Participate and manage the external audits for structured investment fund vehicles.
* General oversight and review of our vendors that provide fund/partnership accounting, tax and audit services including the review monthly, quarterly, annual valuations and financial reporting.
* Manage and review investment funds' accounts payable and billing of management fees earned on structured investments.
* Manage and coordinate fund administrator, audit and tax preparer relationships with the business group.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret GAAP financials
* Participate in structuring and formation of new fund vehicles and restructurings to existing funds requiring interaction with the business group's structuring, due diligence and marketing teams.
* Interact with Alternatives business, fund managers and industry peers to understand industry developments and key events in the management of Alternatives fund platform.
* Minimum 5 years experience; public accounting a plus
* Strong Background with Real Estate Funds
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP principles
* Investment Partnership Accounting and Fund Accounting expertise
* Financial Reporting preparation and review
* Familiarity with US Federal tax rules for partnerships, corporations & individuals a plus
* Understanding of non-US accounting rules: IASB, etc
* Familiar with Asset Management / Real Estate businesses
We look forward to seeing your resume and salary history.