The Director of Corporate Development reports directly to the Vice President of Corporate Development and is responsible for identifying and executing long-term growth opportunities through acquisitions of primarily small to medium sized healthcare companies. The Director of Corporate Development will be expected to drive the company’s efforts in mergers and acquisitions in the Southeastern part of the country. This individual will aid the company’s strategic inorganic growth planning for the future as the company continues to grow beyond $2 billion in annual revenues. This role requires a highly collaborative executive style, and a professional background.
Ideally, this position will be located in Los Angeles or Nashville and will require 20% domestic travel.
The Director, Corporate Development will be a seasoned professional whose technical knowledge, management style and communication skills project immediate credibility. This individual must have a proven track record of acquisition expertise, integrity and ethics.
Functional Responsibilities: Lead execution team related to Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, and Special Projects across the Company, including but not limited to;
• Identification of target companies
• Valuation of target companies
• Negotiation of Definitive Agreements
• Oversee Due Diligence Teams
• Support Operations Teams with growth strategy development/execution
• At least 5 years experience in managing (as the primary responsible party) and negotiating transactions and diligence processes
• Ability to negotiate Letters of Intent and Deal Documents
• Ability to be comfortable in presenting to large doctor groups and managing a process from beginning to end
• Strong financial, Analytic, and Interpersonal Skills
• Strong working knowledge of M&A valuation, structuring, and negotiations
• Self-Starter, with ability to immediately to take on 10+ JVs and acquisitions
• Creative, energetic thinker, not in need of step by step instruction after short ramp up period
• Joint Venture experience
• Health Care industry a plus, but not required
• Ability to work across organization with multiple Operations Teams
• Strong team management skills
• Willing to travel ~5-10 nights a month or more
• MBA from a top-ranked school
Substantial experience identifying and executing mergers and acquisitions in a public company environment, and leading initial integration efforts, is required. Candidates are encouraged to provide a “Deal Sheet” highlighting their relevant M&A work.
Strong communication skills are a must as this individual will be responsible for partnering with divisional business heads to better outline market, product and other opportunities.
We encourage you to apply and we will personally review your resume within 24 hours. If you fit the profile we will contact you immediately. Please include your resume in Word format and a deal sheet, if available.
Our Company is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination as an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the objective of the Company to assure equal opportunity in all aspects of recruitment and employment of employees. Further, it is the Company's policy to maintain and promote nondiscrimination regarding race, color, creed, national origin or ancestry, marital status, gender, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, sexual orientation, religion, political philosophy, unfavorable discharge from military service or age in all phases of employment practices and facilities in accordance with all applicable laws and Executive Orders.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.