Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Manager of Revenue will be responsible for overseeing the monthly revenue process and providing technical accounting expertise related to revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator coupled with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on revenue planning.
• Perform monthly revenue recognition tasks and oversee the revenue process as part of the month-end close
• Ensure reserves related to revenue are computed on a monthly/quarterly basis and methodology is reassessed periodically to take into account changes in the business
• Collaborate with Business Units, Finance and Legal teams for providing recommendations based on Revenue Recognition Policy and/or Procedures.
• Actively work with technology team to implement and maintain a data warehouse and an automated revenue engine
• Determine the impact of new services or changes to existing services on operational processes and liaise with operations/data teams as necessary
• Document new revenue arrangements and related revenue accounting treatment under applicable revenue recognition guidance:
o Publish accounting whitepapers to document accounting positions, as necessary
• Manage and analyze large data sets to ensure appropriate application of revenue rules on the company’s various revenue arrangements and drive process automation as applicable:
• Support SEC reporting and SOX processes as required
• Support revenue forecasting for budgets and other near term forecasting as necessary. Analyze differences between actuals and budget.
• Ad-hoc Reporting and analyses related to revenue
• Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to team members
CPA, with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change through written and verbal communications are imperative.
Advanced excel skills a must
3-5 years progressive experience in managerial roles
Experience in applying the principles of revenue recognition with specific experience with bundled revenue arrangements is a plus.