1. At the direction of the Controller, set up and classify vendor invoices to be paid through QuickBooks.
2. Review and enter approved expense reports for payment to employees and consultants in QuickBooks. For American Express charges on company credit cards, import expenses into QuickBooks and classify expense charges to appropriate general ledger categories.
3. Review and enter approved petty cash vouchers in QuickBooks. Prepare periodic reconciliations of imprest balances for review by Controller. Prepare requests to reimburse funds as needed to maintain imprest cash balance.
4. For new Genesis Capital Master Fund, review weekly on-line bank transactions listings and determine that Administrator recorded all transactions in general ledger according to GAAP and accounting procedures outlined in the Fund Operating Agreement. Audit bank reconciliations for all Fund bank accounts prepared by Administrator to assure that the reconciliations were complete.
5. Determine that Administrator prepared appropriate accrual entries for allowable direct expenses, deferral of prepaid points and amortization of points and prepaid interest, and for accrued interest income and expense on loans to developers and loans drawn under bank credit facility.
6. Reconcile daily loan origination documents to entries recorded by the servicer and fund administrator to assure that all new loan issuances are recorded and that drawdowns against bank credit facility are completed according to required procedures. Perform weekly reconciliation of the roll forward of loan balances in the fund general ledger and in mortgage system balances.
7. In accordance with procedures outlined in the bank credit agreement, prepare requests to move funds between accounts to assure that all necessary payments are completed to the bank according to operational requirements.
8. Prepare intercompany billings between entities where required and assure that they intercompany entries are recorded in offsetting entities and are in balance.
9. Assist Controller in preparing month end allocations between entities as part of closing procedures and that allocation factors used to determine bases for allocation are updated to reflect changing circumstances between companies.
10. Prepare checks, make copies and prepare deposit slips for delivery to banks. Drive deposits to bank as requested and enter deposits as directed into QuickBooks.
11. For incoming wires from auction settlements, research and match collected items by property to expected income in Sharepoint. Identify exceptions, perform research and communicate differences to Analytics, IT and report results to Controller. Assist Controller to prepare entries in QuickBooks to record revenues. Identify other incoming and outgoing wires and input to QuickBooks.
12. Run daily bank reports as requested by Controller and classify and input outgoing wires to QuickBooks.
13. As part of monthly closes, prepare account analyses using excel spreadsheets to document accuracy of account balances and review expense accounts for unusual fluctuations.
14. Assist Controller with any payroll related functions or data entry as requested.
15. As requested, prepare folders and file (or scan) documents for storage.
16. Perform such other duties as requested by Controller or CFO.
1. QuickBooks and/or General Ledger software experience required.
2. Must have accounting degree and 4 years accounting experience.
3. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) proficiency required.
4. Knowledge of SharePoint and on-line banking systems a plus.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.