• Portfolio Accounting position overseeing the accounting of hedge fund investment partnerships and separately managed accounts. Person must be diligent and self motivated with attention to detail.
• Reconcile daily transactions to prime broker or custodian.
• Resolve discrepancies and communicate with client and administrator in a timely manner.
• Prepare month end valuation statements and ensure accuracy of financial reports provided to clients and administrators.
• Prepare financial statements for hedge fund.
• Prepare tax allocations for hedge fund.
• Provide performance analysis and reporting on accounts to investment analysts and managing partners.
• Initiate cash transfers, check disbursements and wire transfers.
• Assist auditors in the audit of hedge fund and separately managed accounts.
• Assist with the pricing and review of portfolio securities.
• Account for complex securities including derivatives, bank loans and private transactions
• 4 year degree required in Accounting or Finance
• 2-3 years experience in public accounting
• Proficient with Excel spreadsheets
• Experience with investment accounting a plus
• Excellent communication skills
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.